Wednesday 21 November 2012

Inspirations & Influences; Erika Lawlor Schmidt

Well let me just say one thing, I literally just found Erika's work & I'm kinda impressed.

Erika Lawlor Schmidt is a visual and performing artist; whose work has elements of Indian Mysticism and Eastern Philosophy. Her collages and prints are very surrealistic even though it has cultural, religious, pop iconography references and pieces from maps, books and magazines. Her work is extremely simple.

The Reincarnation of Lincoln

Drawn to the center of things

Listen Like Spring


I personally wouldn't say Erika is a huge inspiration of mine however her style is so neat, polished and simple that I'm instantly drawn to her pieces plus I think Its time I slow down on the natural forms pieces (even though their are elements of natural forms in her work) too much natural forms is going to drive me crazy and with that Chow!

Check out some of Erika's work http://erikalawlorschmidt.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment